- 1 Year 6 Month Course
- 2 Year Course
Study on a 2 year visa to
for university entrance examination
University Preparatory Course is comprised of Japanese language/culture and basic subjects including English, mathematics, besides physics and chemistry for students planning to major in natural sciences, and world history for liberal arts majors.
After completion of this course, qualification for university entrance examination in Japan is given to those who have graduated high school abroad or who have completed a curriculum equivalent to Japan’s high school education.
This course is also appropriate for those who have completed 12-year high school education abroad, and intend to enhance their Japanese language skills and advance knowledge on Japan’s affairs as well as basic subjects.
Kyushu Eisu Gakkan is the one and only school in the Chugoku, Shikoku and Kyushu areas that provides Preparatory Education Course Designated by the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology.
Merit of Kyushu Eisu Gakkan
- Institution with Preparatory Education Course Designated by the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and TechnologyAbout Preparatory Education Course
- Productive and effective lessons by experienced teachers to prepare International Students for Examination of Japanese University Admissions
- Tuition exemption for honor students!
- 1 Year Course
- 1 Year 3 Month Course
- 1 Year 6 Month Course
- 1 Year 9 Month Course
- 2 Year Course
Learn Japanese Language Skills
To students who intend to learn Japanese, we provide support in raising the four language skills including listening, speaking, reading, and writing, and in acquiring knowledge on Japanese culture, so that students will utilize them in their home country.
We have classes arranged based on students’ proficiency of Japanese.
Aims of Classes
- In Beginners Class, students learn basics such as everyday conversation, sentence structures, vocabulary, and grammar.
- Intermediate Class is to boost language skills for students who have mastered basic level Japanese.
- Advanced Class is for students who have mastered the intermediate level Japanese, to further develop communication skills and knowledge about Japan in order to exercise them in interpretation and business activities in Japanese affiliate companies in their own country after graduation.
Short-Term Course for Occasional Students/Auditors
We have Short-Term Full-Time Japanese Course for nonnative people with a short-stay visa (90 days) and spouses and family members of Japanese citizens with a long-term stay visa.
Students of all levels, from beginners to advanced learners, can learn in classes most appropriate for their learning purposes and Japanese language levels.Period of term: In principle, the course starts in April and October.
Total hours: 200 hours for 1 term. (5 days a week, Monday through Friday, 4 hours a day)Term period can be extended.
We started providing online lessons in 2020.
Online lessons are available to students in and outside Japan, except some overseas areas due to difficult communication conditions.
We also have plans to start global online distribution of our time-proven Japanese lessons soon.
|Courses||Visa Status / Period||Enrollment Capacity|
|University Preparatory Course||Student: 2 years 2 years and 3 months||520|
|Japanese Language Course||Student: 1 year and 3 months||80|
Those who intend to enter university or professional training college in Japan should have completed high school education abroad.
(Students who have completed school education course of less than 12 years in their own country can obtain eligibility for university and professional training college in Japan after graduating from this course.)
A person who has ability equivalent or superior to Japanese Language Proficiency Test N5 Grade, or has completed 150-hour or longer Japanese language training.
Pre-Interview Questionnaire must be submitted to the email address below by the specified date.
Send to Kyushu Eisu Gakkan Japanese Language School
Entrance examination schedule
|Semester||Application Period||The deadline for submission||Application Period to
the Immigration Office for a Visa
|January||June ~ Aug.||End of Aug.||Beginning of September|
|April||Aug. ~ Nov.||End of Nov.||Beginning of December|
|July||Dec. ~ Feb.||End of Feb.||Beginning of March|
|October||Mar. ~ May||End of May||Beginning of June|
- Schedule might be changed.
- Submission date to Immigration Bureau may be modified every year.
|Written Examination: Japanese and English (On a scale of 0 to 100, 30 minutes each) and Interview (10 minutes)|
|Examination Venue||Examination venues are set in major cities in China.
|We will notify the date and time of examination to applicants or their agents, taking the situation of applications into consideration.|
|After examination, we will announce results of selection and notify the results to applicants or agents designated by this academy.|
|Course||Examination fee||Admission fee||Facility fee||Tuition||Charges entrusted
to our collection※
|Total amount in the 1st year||Due date|
|Japanese Language Course||30,000||70,000||60,000||580,000||January||45,500||785,500|
|University Preparatory Course||30,000||70,000||60,000||640,000||April||65,500||865,500|
※Charges entrusted to our collection
- National Health Insurance fee: Approximately 19,000 yen per year in Fukuoka CityNational Health Insurance System covers both Japanese and non-Japanese residents in cases of sickness.
If insured, the insurance will cover 70% of the medical expenses incurred for hospital/doctor treatments of illnesses and injuries. (The insured pay 30 % of medical expenses.)
As all students enroll in this insurance on their entrance into this academy, we collect total amount of insurance fee to cover all years of schooling and pay them to the Health Insurance and Pension Section in Chuo, Sawara, and the other Ward Offices of Fukuoka City.
- Medical checkup fee: 4,000 yen per yearYearly medical checkup (X-ray photos and blood test) is mandated by School Health Act.
Students should pay the exam fee in advance.
- Traffic Personal Accident Insurance fee: 5,000 yenThis insurance covers medical costs and property damages due to a traffic accident. The insurance protects students against payment for damages caused by the accident.
- Alumni Association membership fee: 10,000 yen (Enrollment fee 5,000yen, lifetime membership fee 5,000 yen)
Scholarship system exempts honor students from tuition.
Entrants with outstanding results in our entrance examination are exempt from payment of full or part of their tuition.
Procedures from Application to
- Submit application documents
- Entrance examination
- Result notification
Pay tuition/Take enrollment procedure
- Submit Documents (Pay remainder of the screening fee, if you have a balance)
- Apply for Certificate of Eligibility
- Certificate of Eligibility is issued
- Send the original Certificate of Eligibility
- Enrollment procedure for school and dormitory
Arrive in Japan and enter school
- Obtain passport
- Obtain visa
- Enter Japan
- Entrance ceremony